Armed Security Guard for Jewelry Store in Cedarhurst, NY. Make extra money for Christmas $30 per hr. call Josh 917-975-6206
Holiday Super Drawing Tickets still available for 12/19/2019 Drawing “A” and “B” sold out. Need to sell 93 tickets for Drawing “C” Top Prize $10,000 call office 516-294-4488
POLICE OFFICER (PART-TIME) SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
The Town of Montgomery Police Department (Orange County, N.Y.) is looking for applicants to fill a soon-to-be-open position within the Department. It is anticipated the position will be open by mid-September of this year. Specifications for the opportunity are as follows:
- We are seeking a recently retired police officer (any rank), who still possesses or can obtain, his/her NYS-MPTC (Or NYCPD) police certification.
- The individual chosen will be appointed to the Department as a sworn police officer (Part-Time/Non-Competitive Classification).
- Assignment will be at the Valley Central Middle School, located in Montgomery, N.Y. A second S.R.O. (Retired NYCPD Sergeant) is presently assigned to the Valley Central High School, which is attached to the Middle School on the same campus.
- Pursuant to Section 212 of the NYS Retirement & Social Security Law, the individual may earn up to a maximum of $30,000.00 annually, with no effect on his/her pension.
- Current Rate-of-Pay (2019) is $27.81 per-hour. As of 1/1/20 this increases to $28.64
- An S.R.O. typically works a six (6) hour-day, Weekends, Holidays and Summers off. If school is cancelled due to inclement weather, the S.R.O.’s are off as well.
- S.R.O.’s are assigned a marked cruiser for their shift, and are not required to perform uniformed patrol functions. However, they are permitted to work special details (sporting events etc.).
- As sworn police officers they are provided all uniforms and related equipment, including service weapon. The Department pays for dry cleaning of uniforms, and officers are provided $300.00 annually for the purchase of approved optional uniforms and related equipment.
- Qualifications are held twice annually, and they must demonstrate the same competency with firearms as all other sworn members of the Department. This includes .9MM Glock Model 17, M-4 .223 Rifle, 12 Ga. Shotgun, Taser and Less-Lethal Bean Bag .12 Ga. Shotgun.
Interested applicants may contact Sgt. VanTassel @(845) 457-9211